What is WEAC Region 10?
Region 10 is a state wide affiliate of WEAC retired members. Membership is open to all retired public education employees. Region 10 has approximately 11,500 members. Many members of Region 10 are also members of the 25 local Chapters who work to support education issues.
Region 10 members are affiliated with the NEA through the NEA Retired organization. NEA-Retired has approximately 275,000 members. Concurrent enrollment in WEAC Region 10 and NEA-Retired is required.
The vision of WEAC Region 10/Retired is an engaged community of advocates for promoting quality public education and the common good.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of WEAC Region 10/Retired is to advocate for the security of its members, make connections that will unite communities, and foster quality evidence-based public education.
As a WEAC and NEA Affiliate-
Every three years WEAC Region 10 members elect a voting representative and alternate to the WEAC Board of Directors. Members annually elect voting delegates to the WEAC Representative Assembly. Members serve as voting members on WEAC standing committees and the trustee boards of the WEA Insurance Group and The Learning Foundation of Wisconsin, Inc.
WEAC Region 10 members bi-annually elect voting delegates to represent them at the NEA Representative Assembly and the NEA-Retired Annual Meeting. Six NEA-Retired members are elected at the NEA-Retired Annual Meeting as voting members of the NEA Board of Directors, the NEA Resolutions Committee, and the NEA-Retired Advisory Council, respectively.
WEAC Region 10/Retired
The five Executive Committee members and the ten representatives elected by the 25 retired chapters comprise the WEAC Region 10/Retired Board of Directors. The Board meets up to five times a year and utilizes various committees to complete its business. A general membership meeting is held annually.
WEAC Member Benefits: WEA Credit Union; OnWEAC Savers’ Club discounts on hotels, airfare, recreation including golfing and skiing; Disney and other theme park discounts, and more!
WEA Member Benefits: Personal Insurance programs including auto, home/condo/renters, additional liability (umbrella). Retirement Investment and Savings programs including 403(b) TSA, and the WEAC IRA (Roth and Traditional) which is open to WEAC members and their families. Retirement Income Analysis program – a fee-based retirement planning service (WEAC-R discounts available).
Free publications: WEAC Region 10’s Keeping in Touch newsletter, weac.org.
NEA Member Benefits
- Low cost insurance: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance; MemberCare MediCare Supplement Program; Guaranteed Issue Life Plan Insurance; Three-Way Home Protection Plan; Term Life Insurance.
- Free publication — NEA’s; nea Today FOR NEA-RETIRED MEMBERS
- NEA Attorney Referral Program (two 30-minute consultations free; receive a 30% discount in attorney fees for certain legal services). See list of participating Wisconsin law firms.
- Free liability insurance for NEA-Retired members who substitute teach.
- NEA-Sponsored FDIC Insured Money Market Account.
- NEA Credit Plan (signature loan from $3 – $15K).
- NEA Car Rental Program (Hertz price advantage).
- NEA Premier Gold MasterCard (no annual fee).
- NEA Magazine Service (350 magazines).
- NEA-Sponsored GoldCertificate CD.
- NEA Line of Credit (up to $7,500).